29.3.08

20.)

Howard unlocks his door and goes inside. He lies on his couch with his eyes closed for forty-five minutes. He thinks “Boil water for my Kraft Macaroni and Cheese™ or check my MySpace?” He goes upstairs and puts on the album Silver Side Up by Nickelback. He lies on his bed and looks at the sky and the tops of houses across the street. He feels pretty useless. He thinks “Because I am listening Nickelback I will feel better.” He calls Samantha and leaves a message. He goes downstairs and gets a Bud Light™. He sits on the couch and pets one of the dogs. He wants to watch a movie. He goes outside and sits on the stoop and wishes he had money for cigarettes. He remembers smoking cigarettes. He thinks “I wish I had more beer.” He thinks “I should only do things that I like.” He goes into his house and gets his keys and some change and drives to a supermarket. He takes a Snickers™ bar and eats it while he walks around the store. He likes the way Cookie Crisp™, Axe Deodorant Body Spay™, and Hershey’s™ Chocolate Syrup are packaged. He thinks “I would love to eat Planters Honey Roasted Peanuts™ but I don’t have enough money to buy them here.” He walks towards the exit. He sees Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts™. He picks up a Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tart™ and takes it to the automated check out line. He checks himself out without paying. He thinks “I wish I could talk to someone.” As he leaves, the girl whose job it is to stand near the automated check out line says “Did you pay for that?” Howard says “Yes.” Howard runs outside and thinks “I feel really stupid. I wish I could stop stealing things.” Howard drives home. He is sure that if someone offered to sell him some pot he would punch the guy in the face and take the pot for free. When he gets home he puts the Frosted Blueberry Pop-Tarts™ in the cabinet and grabs his last Bud Light™. He goes upstairs and brushes his teeth he does not wash or exfoliate his face. He goes to his room and puts on Nickelback and lies on his bed looking at the darkness through his window. He thinks “There might be someone somewhere who is feeling right now exactly what I am feeling right now.” He thinks “That person is I’m not sure. I was going to say ‘Maybe that person is someone I want to have sex with, but now I’m not sure if that matters. I’m not sure why I’m thinking about this.” Howard drinks the beer and decides to go to sleep.